Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 56: Week 9 (Floored)

I think that I say it just about every week, but I must continue saying it, "FLOORED!!  Who would have thought that we'd be at week!"  Ok weeks 1 & 2 yeah.............but week 9!  That's 2 months and one week!  I haven't quit and I've maintained the workout intensity.  You know what that means right?  I officially can no longer be classified as a quitter.  Well, maybe I'll give myself 3 more weeks before I make that declaration because that will be 3 months into the training.

Today is Day 1 of the next two weeks of August Intensity.  What does August Intensity mean?  It means for the next two weeks "2aDays" are a must.  Also it means that I will be carefully watching what I eat and intensifying my morning "Track Date" time.  Right now I can jog two laps around the track without stopping, so by the end of the month I need to be able to jog a complete mile non-stop with no walking.  That means this week I have to do three times around then the following week 4 times around.  Seriously, I think that I can do it.  Although today was the beginning, I didn't work out at all.  I had to be at work at o'Dark 30 this morning so I couldn't go to the track and then this evening I didn't go.  For some reason I had this pain in my knee that woke me up at 4am.  It hurt to bend and it hurt to keep it straight.  Anything that I did that required me to move my left leg caused an ungodly pain.  As a result, I chose not to do any exercise which puts me behind reaching the 30miles this week goal.  But that's ok, I'll make it up starting tomorrow.

I have a boat load of homework to do.  I have some sketches that I haven't done yet, but that's partly because I need to read and re-read that assignment.  Tonight was supposed to be a long night, but I'm so tired that I'm going to bed and will work on everything tomorrow and send it in.  I tell ya, I've got to get better with school.  It's costing me too much money to be slacking.  It looks like weekly goals are in order to avoid consistently falling behind.

Geeze, I have so much to learn but have really come so far.  The journey is hard work but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment