Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 49: Week 8 (that's 2 months)

We are entering week 8 of training to run a marathon next year and I am floored.  Absolutely blown away that I'm still doing this.  That is 2 solid months of this training.  Although I've come a long way, I have to intensify the training because I really want to loose more weight.  Loosing weight, although was not my initial focus, it so necessary at this point because it will help me run better and faster. I gotta be able to run better since I am turning into an athlete (LOL).  My "Five 2 Strive 2" haven't changed, I just need to do better at doing them, especially taking the vitamins.

School has started back up, so I want to do better with staying on top of my school work while also maintaining the intensity of the work outs.  Like now, I am so tired, but I still have homework that needs to get done because I am not failing any classes this term.  I will be back on the deans list (GPA of at least 3.75) this term because I am more than able to do it.

This morning I had a Track Date and only did 2 miles (which is 1 mile less than my required min.) because it was mad hot outside and my pants kept falling down anytime I'd jog (LOL).  I went back to the track this evening and I don't know if it was because I was tired or had just eaten but my legs felt like a ton of lead.  I did one full jogging lap, but after that I'd walk or jog every other straight  and curve.  I got in 4+ miles, but it was totally hard.  I realized that if I am going to be out by myself, I HAVE to have music.  It helps keep my pace and motivation high.  This weeks goal is to do 30 miles and to jog a full lap and a half multiple times.  That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment