Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 47: Accomplishment

I just spent over an hour reading through my blog and I gotta declare - I really have accomplished something.  Physically, I am just blown away!  When I first started, I was only able to go around the track 4 times. FOUR TIMES!!  And within those four times, I couldn't breath.   In one of my posts I said that I wanted to be able to completely jog around the track (secretly I thought that that was a far stretch of the imagination) and I can do that now.  Not only can I do it, but I am doing it multiple times.  This whole thing is....is.......is........something worth feeling good about.

I was feeling sort of down a few minutes ago because I didn't get a chance to work out today.  But not working out for one day this week does not negate all of the hard work that I've put into this journey.  I've lost weight, my breathing is better, I'm faster and I'm not ashamed!  Today my Godfather was commenting on my weight loss and I replied with, "Oh, it's really not that much yet, it's not anything worth making a big deal about" and his reply helped me put this in better perspective.  He said, "Get a steak or a slab of fat that weighs the same amount that you've lost and carry that around for a little while and then come back to me."  I understood.  It's ok to feel good about the good things that I've achieved.

The struggle for me is that I don't want to feel good and it turns out that everything is temporary and I have to do it all over again (because we've been down that road before). IDK, I guess I've just gotta know that it's ok to feel good about each accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment