Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 65: Hurt my Hamstring


I am so excited but I probably shouldn't be.  Today I overslept and missed Track Date, but when I did get up I got dressed and went over to the track.  Unfortunately they were cutting the grass and I couldn't stay because I'm allergic to freshly cut grass.  I went to the Gym and just sat in the car for a few minutes debating if I was going to go.  But I got myself together and walked in.  I was still feeling pretty defeated about the whole weight gain thing, but I headed to the treadmill to get it in.  I walked a half mile and then started jogging.  I wanted to jog 2 full miles non-stop, but while I was at 2.25 miles in, something happened.  Right below my left butt cheek but above my knee on the back side started hurting like I pulled something.  I asked and found out what it was, it was my HAMSTRING.  I hurt my HAMSTRING!!!  Like seriously that is an athlete injury that serious athletes' get.  Yeah, it didn't feel great because I started limping and couldn't jog anymore, but it's great to know that I've got athlete types of injuries.

By the way, I re-weighed myself and I was back at my previous weight, so the gain must have been a fluke.  Tomorrow is Track Date and Hills all the way.  At Track Date I'm getting in 2 miles jogging but a total of 4 miles and I am going to do at least 25 hills.

You know, I'm really starting to like this new life of exercise and better food choices.  This is my new life and I refuse to engage in a sedentary lifestyle like before ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment