Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 62: WEEK 10

In 2 more weeks I won't be able to call myself a quitter because going into week 10 of training for a marathon clearly dispels that notion.  Actually it's pretty cool to say that I haven't quit at something when it got hard.  I pushed and continued pushing.  So, what are my goals for this week?  I think that it will be beneficial to beak my weekly goals down a little bit more.  So instead of just the exercise stuff, I think that I want to include school and eating as well.  I'm not doing to good in school right now and that's primarily because I have not been as focused on it.  I haven't been diligent with completing my assignments nor have I been as engaged on the discussion boards, but those practices are ceasing now.  Since I'm no longer a quitter (or about to no longer be a quitter), I can't quit with school which is sort of what I've been doing.  I embraced the thoughts "This is too hard so what's the point anyway" and "School is for kids, I'm too old and struggle too much for this....this is for the birds!"  But if I continue thinking like that, I won't finish, I'll quit - totally unacceptable now!

So, for Week 10, these are the goals:
Exercise
 - Jog 1.50 miles non stop (6 times around the track) at least three out of the four Track Dates
 - Complete 1 set of 30 hills this week (regardless if anyone else goes or not)
 - Take both Body Pump and Body Attack at least twice
 - Do 4 sets of 25 crunches daily
 - Do 4 Sets of 10 push ups daily
 - Consider (really consider) going on a walk/jog at the race site in DC

Meals
 - Minimum of 1.5 gallons of water everyday
 - Fruits, veggies and grains
 - No meat, no sweets and no bread
 - 3 meals and 4 snacks

School
 - Follow up with my tutor
 - Reach out to professors regarding last week and outstanding assignments
 - Post to discussion boards on Monday with daily followup
 - Take all tests no later than Wednesday
 - Make a genuine effort Rochelle

It looks like it is going to be an extremely busy week, but it can be done.  Oh yeah, I want to design a Dream Chasers logo for a T-Shirt as well as a T-shirt design for me and this journey that says "Athlete in Training.....the marathon, the journey" I think.  I'm still not sure, what do you think.  Tomorrow I'm going to have a vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment