Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 59: Abundance of Support

I think that this may be another day that I am completely speechless.  Why you asked?

I'm speechless because of all the support that I've received.  I started this thing thinking that it would be me and God working together to accomplish this goal because some of the negative comments, but that so has not been the case.  Tonight for example, we did Hills at the Sports & Learning Complex.  The goal was to run up and down a certain hill 30 times in 30 minutes.  Now for clarity, this is no little hill, it is steep and long.  We did it last week and I was only able to do 10 of them, so I came into this thing not slightly apprehensive - I was VERY apprehensive.  Towards the end, I was really struggling and you know what........the entire gang did the last three with me so that I could get to 20 (I didn't get to 30, but I did 10 more than I did last week).  Like who does that?  Everyone was tired and had completed there hills, but decided to run with me so that I wouldn't have to do it alone.

That is just one example of what I mean by support, but there are way more examples that I could use.  I'm appreciative, floored, flabbergasted, grateful, shocked.................like honestly, I had to cry tonight because I was overwhelmed at all of the different instances of people supporting me through this journey.  Just very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment